Selling Your New England Home?
11 Essential tips that get homes sold fast (and for top dollar)
- Find an agent that you feel you have confidence in. Compare backgrounds, experience, commission structure and more.
- Become familiar with how to fairly price your home. Pulling a price ‘out of thin air’ is almost never successful. If you would like comparable sales prices in your neighborhood I can provide a Comparable Market Analysis at no charge. This will compare several recent, similar sales in your immediate neighborhood in a written report. The number of bedrooms, bathrooms, lot size, architectural style, tax assessment, number of days on the market, starting price and selling price are all indicated. Knowing the value of your home is one of the first steps in beginning to market the property.
- Know what you can and cannot change about your home. This allows you to concentrate on those particular items that will bring you the highest rewards. For example, you can change the conditions of the exterior and interior, general appearances, pricing, etc. You cannot change the location, style, size, proximity to shopping and services, school systems, neighborhoods or the real estate market in general.
- The most productive time you can spend is preparing your home. Even if you have been extremely conscientious in the maintenance of your home during the time that you have owned it, putting it on the market requires taking the next step, which is to check every aspect of your house, repairing, freshening, or changing whatever necessary.
- For tax purposes, develop a record of all home improvements you have made to your home
- Decide whether or not to do a house inspection prior to listing.
- Have a yard or garage sale before you list. Sell, donate or give away everything you don’t need.
- Decide if you want to offer a Home Warranty with your house.
- Make yourself familiar with financing options. You want to be as knowledgeable as your potential buyer.
- Know how best to show your home. Either hire someone to stage it, or take the time to learn about it.
- Make moving plans early. Don’t wait until the last minute.
Heeter Home team offers top shelf marketing strategies to sell your home!
-Professional Photography from Jason Greenleaf Photography
-Professional Videos from New Media Design